House 343 sq.m, 4 floors, garden 600 sq.m, in Rhodope Mountains
, £ 96,872
Type: 3 + beds, Furnished
Land: 600 sq.m.
Location: Rhodope Mountains
km. to sea: 160
|village: GELA (pop. 38) - 9 properties|
average price in GELA - £ 53491
SMOLYAN Province - 858 properties
average price in SMOLYAN Province - £ 31165
|« previous property||« back to Property List »||next property »|
House 343 sq.m, Garden 600 sq.m
The house is built of stone, brick, stove, 4 floors, rough construction, finishing is required.
600 sq.m garden;
- Plovdiv Airport - 95 km
- Pamporovo - 20 km
- Devin Resort - 30 km
- Aegean Sea - 160 km
The village of Gela is in the heart of the Rhodope mountain - 1450 m. altitude. It is 6 km from Shiroka Laka, 33 km from the Smolyan, 20 km from the resort Pamporovo and 250 km southeast from the capital city Sofia. There are legends is that it the birthplace of Orpheus. It is also considered that he had come to search for Eurydice in the nearby Devil's Throat cave.
The picturesque village is surrounded by three of the highest peaks of the mountain – Golyam Perelik (2191 m), Orpheus (2188 m) and Turlata (1825 m).
Gela is a village with rich history and incredible scenery. Winter is mild and snowy, summer is cool and damp, autumn - long and warm. The location of this village is one of the sunniest, the sun shines at least 300 days per year.
In the rivers near the village there is trout, carp and also perch. For the winter sports enthusiasts in the village there is a ski tow and a small runway.
Every summer Gela hosts a National Bagpipe Festival. The Rhodopi mountain is famous worldwide for being a unique centre of bagpipers and of bagpipe music. The bagpipe festival attracts every year thousands of fans of Bulgarian folk music and many tourists.
- All bulgarian properties have electricity.
- About 98 percents of all bulgarian properties have access to running water, except some small remote bulgarian villages up in the mountains.
- All bulgarian houses in the villages have a septic tank, central sewage system is available only in a few very large villages.
- All properties have access to internet.
- There is at least one village shop in every village in Bulgaria, except some small remote villages up in the mountains.
- Some properties in Bulgaria can be purchased on monthly payments (instalments), just fill the form below and find out about availability of this option.
- Selling price is Euro, not pounds. GBP price is for reference only and can vary daily.
- All properties in Bulgaria can be purchased remotely or directly from UK, without visiting Bulgaria.
- Cost of living in Bulgaria - 01.2016
need answers now?
call: 0203 600 0572 or 07775 712 704 in UK (Mon-Sun)
+359 879036885 (in Bulgaria)